Challenges of Network Performance & Environmental Monitoring
The performance of your network may deteriorate and suddenly become un-functional due to internal or external problems which can lead to faults or failures that affect the service performance, availability and ultimately have an impact on your company financially and even worse your company’s reputation.
Performance management tools and monitoring systems enable you to detect these deteriorating tendencies in advance and proactively solve the potential threats so that faults and failures can be prevented.
To understand what the main functions of performance management and environmental monitoring are and the big challenges presented for these systems and the techniques that can be used to address these challenges the details that follow will be focused on.
Functions of Performance Management, SNMP & Environmental Monitoring
Monitoring the network performance and the physical environmental conditions of your infrastructure are typically done from one or more Network Management Systems (NMS) and IP based sensor controllers located on site or at the Network Operations Center (NOC). Through communication protocols, most importantly SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) these systems can report the following operational status of your network infrastructure and critical equipment.
The NMS can query the current and historical performance of a single network element or the entire network including your domain/sub-network. Combining the SNMP protocol the NMS can also query or poll not only the live status of your physical infrastructure hardware through environmental sensors, but can also receive advanced alerts to warn of possible trouble.
This physical infrastructure hardware would include critical operational machines such as your network servers including email, data bases, order processing, customer support etc., network routers, switches, hubs and other key systems which, if they were to fail, could cause catastrophic problems to your business operations.
It is very important for the NMS combined with the environmental monitoring tools to also analyze and track the performance of your network and your infrastructures environmental conditions with predefined advanced tabular reports and graphs created specifically for each network element type. These might include for example; network loads, connection problems, temperatures, humidity, airflow.
All these highly sophisticated operations rely on data, i.e. performance measurements related to the performance of the devices and the network as a whole. Therefore the NMS and the environmental monitoring system selected to monitor your network most importantly must be reliable and compatible, able to process, store and administer performance data collected from your entire network using the SNMP communication protocol.
Didactum® Security GmbH Core Mission Statement
The core mission statement of GROUP-Didactum® Didactum Security GmbH represents the support of our customers in the planning and implementation of proactive, highly critical data communications and security systems that play a key role in our customer’s success.
Our Core Mission:
- Our core competencies of Didactum® are focused on providing highly reliable and cost effective network monitoring solutions, environmental protection, safety and the most current, up to date monitoring systems for business-critical infrastructures. This would include the latest technology in server rooms and data center environments.
- To further increase and enhance the security of sensitive infrastructures with the offer of the latest, most up to date Didactum® IT monitoring technology.
- Our proven product portfolio Didactum® is selected on the basis of strict criteria such as technology leadership, reliability and investment protection (ROI).
- We offer the Didactum® monitoring systems that are highly dependable and cost effective to companies and the public sector (OEA). They can then rely on an extremely effective protection system that is proactive and guards against a variety of risks.
- As an Authorized Reseller Partner of the OpenNMS Group, Didactum Security GmbH offers the entire service and range provided by the popular features included in the OpenNMS software program.
- Didactum® Security GmbH consistently focuses on using the latest technologies available which increases the availability of new and dependable products and thus greatly benefits and sustains the competitiveness of our customers.
- Didactum®’s customer listing includes many companies and public clients of all sizes. We would be happy to provide any of these well-known references upon request.